What is included in the fee?
- A cleaning fee
- Any on-site staff or security
- Event Liability Insurance
- Use of the Pavilion, the open areas, the Brides/Grooms room (weddings), and caterers room
- Tables and wedding chairs for up to 100 persons
Are there any additional requirements to host my wedding at The Homestead?
- We recommend that you work with a full-time or day-of coordinator.
We require you have Event Liability Insurance naming The Homestead as additional insured. This item is included and paid for by the VENUE in most of the listed packages.
Do you offer a payment plan?
- Yes. To secure your date we ask for 50% of the flat rate fee plus a $500 refundable security/damage deposit at the signing of the contract. The remaining balance is due 60 days prior to the event.
Can I provide my own alcohol?
- Yes, as long as it is free to any guests (per TABC rules not tips collected). No alcohol may be served to excess and no alcohol may be served to minors per TABC rules. Otherwise alcohol must be served by TABC certified bartenders.
Do you have a preferred vendors list?
- Yes, we do. Outstanding service and fair pricing is a main goal for us. We have prepared a “Known” Vendors list of those who are exceptional in those qualities. We also welcome our clients to use other qualified vendors who may be required to sign a vendor contract with us to be approved.
Do you have any discounted rates for other than wedding events?
We offer a very competitive and lower rate for certain events lasting no more than 5 hours. Such an event may be a dinner, school function, family reunion, etc. Rates are $750 for a basic event of 5 hours with 60 or less guests, plus a $500 refundable damage deposit.
What about cancellations due to natural disasters or date changes?
- In additions to the Wedding Liability Insurance mentioned above, we suggest clients consider Event Cancellation Insurance in the rare situation that mother nature interferes. We would also try to work with clients to secure another date, but we are at the mercy of existing bookings.
- Date changes. If the Client elects to change dates within 30 days of the contract – we will make every effort to transfer reservations to a new date at no additional cost subject to prior bookings. If the date change request occurs after the 30 days from contract date a separate transfer fee would be required.
Do you have more than one event at a time at The Homestead Wedding and Event Center?
- No. When you book with us the VENUE is exclusively yours alone. No other bookings will occur during your event.
Can we or our vendors pick up items the next day?
- Typically all client and vendor items must be removed at the conclusion of the event. Vendors may make a request in unusual circumstances, but we typically must be ready for other clients.
What are the rules regarding rehearsal dates?
Clients and the Wedding Party will be allowed access to the premises for one hour to conduct a rehearsal at an approved time as long as it does not conflict with a booked event.